Poweramp Music Player
Advanced music player that plays multiple types of audio files
Poweramp Music Player is just what the name implies: a powerful music player for your Android device. The app supports a long list of file formats including ogg, flac, wma, mp3, mp4, wmv, ape, mpc, aiff, and tta.
Poweramp Music Player offers several outstanding features. Among these features is a 10-band optimized graphical equalizer that is designed to work well with all of the file formats listed above. There are also several different adjustments that be made by the app's users to get the best possible results. You can even set up a custom profile to tell the app exactly what your preferences are so that it will perform to your standards every time.
The app also features options such as gapless playback and crossfade and can play music regardless of which folder the files are stored in on your Android phone or tablet. The app typically moves from one folder or directory to another with no problems whatsoever.
Another nice feature of Poweramp Music Player is that the app displays the lyrics of your favorite songs as you listen to them. The app also includes a search function that you can use to find lyrics, if necessary. The app even allows you to download the original album art for your favorite albums that you have downloaded to your device. There is also a lock screen, which is totally customizable.
Some users have noted a problem with bugs in the app as well as an inability of Poweramp Music Player to play certain files they have downloaded on their devices.
- Music player supports several file formats.
- Several options including crossfade and gapless playback.
- Displays song lyrics.
- App can tend to be buggy.
- Trouble with app not playing some files.
- 589: fixed issue with Android 6.0 @ Intel based devices
- 588: album art downloading update
- 587: rebuilt with previous Android Build Tools version to fix UI language selection (Android 4.4-)
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- BLUETOOTH: Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- BROADCAST_STICKY: Allows an application to broadcast sticky intents. These are broadcasts whose data is held by the system after being finished, so that clients can quickly retrieve that data without having to wait for the next broadcast.
- DISABLE_KEYGUARD: Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.